07.26.2015 | 9:35 am
………are here at Light Street Cycles.
WHY BAMBOO BICYCLES?
How do we know that bamboo can take the rigors of riding?
- Higher tensile strength than many alloys of steel
- Higher compressive strength than many mixtures of concrete
- Higher strength-to-weight ratio than graphite
- Smoothest ride available due to its natural vibration dampening properties.
What makes bamboo so sustainable?
- Bamboo is clocked as the fastest growing plant on Earth.
- Bamboo can be continuously re-harvested every 3 years, without causing damage to the plant system and surrounding environment.
- During the time it takes to regenerate, the bamboo plant’s root system stays intact so erosion is prevented.
- Continuous harvesting of this woody grass every 3-7 years, actually improves the overall health of the plant.